The course analyzes the different sources of corporate financing (financial markets and
intermediaries). The topics are analyzed in the economic perspective of the
At the end of the course students will be able to know and understand the main economic
and financial variables used to evaluate different type of funding and their impact on
firms’ capital structure. Moreover they should be able to make a judgment related to the
acceptability of financing decisions and their impact on company’s risk exposure.
There are no explicit prerequisites.
1. Introduction and overview of corporate financing, financial markets and
2. Securities markets: Money markets, bonds markets, stock markets
3. Derivative securities markets
4. The many different kind of debt
5. Venture capital and private equity
6. Corporate banking and Corporate finance: investments’ valuation, firms’ financial
structure and the impact on firms’ valuation (some remarks)
Mode of Delivery:
Lectures and exercises, for a total of 40 hours.
No other forms of supplementary teaching.
The course material required is as follows:
• A. Saunders and M.M. Cornett, “Financial Markets and Institutions”, 5th edition,
International Edition, McGraw-Hill Irwin, New York, 2012
• R.A. Brealey, S.C. Myers, Stewart and F. Allen, “Principles of corporate finance”,
10th ed., Global Edition, McGraw-Hill Irwin, New York, 2011
Selected chapters will be indicated in class and published with a notice on e-learning
Both of them are available at the Library of Economics (MTG 71, ground floor).
Other materials (slides of the lectures, tutorials and study materials) will be available
online on e-learning platform.
No other teaching materials (handouts, summaries, etc..) are authorized by the teacher.
Final written test, which lasts an hour and a half with theoretical questions, exercises and
For the purpose of passing the exam is necessary to achieve a rating of at least 18 points
Cerchi il programma? Potrebbe non essere ancora stato caricato o riferirsi ad insegnamenti che verranno erogati in futuro.
Seleziona l‘anno in cui ti sei immatricolato e troverai le informazioni relative all'insegnamento del tuo piano di studio.