BIOLOGIA VEGETALE APPLICATA
Learning targets and expected outcomes:
The learning target of this course is to provide the knowledge necessary in order to understand the morphological, physiological, biochemical, and molecular modifications taking place in higher plants in response to their interaction with the major environmental stressors. At the same time the student will learn how the higher plants can be used as bio-sensors in environmental studies and to play eco-systemic services such as bio-remediation, carbon storage, bio-fuel production.
Learning progression will be evaluated through in itinere exams during the course in relation to the most important topics presented above. In itinere exams will be carried out on-line within the e-learning environment and the results will be expressed in thirtieths. The evaluation will be based on the progression of the learning capacity, the ability of making use of the acquired knowledge, autonomous assessment and communication skills. The final vote will be expressed as a mean of the votes received with the in itinere exams.
• Analysis of the action played by the major environmental stressors such as: wind, frost, water stress, fire. The response of higher plants to stressors will be examined in above- and below-ground organs. These studies will be analyzed at both level: individual and community.
• Fire effect on vegetation will be examined for both alpine and Mediterranean vegetation. The effect of fire will be discussed in relation to the major fire typologies.
• Carbon storage will be examined with particular attention for the below-ground plant portion.
• Environmental engineering: major techniques used to arrest soil erosion on slope and river embankment.
• Bio-fuels: bio-gas, bio-ethanol, bio-diesel, bio-masses (wood and pellets)
• Phyto-remediation: technologies; living machine; green-roof; green buildings.
All the lessons will be posted on uninsubria e-learning site.
Thefollowing text is recommended:
Biologia delle piante by Alison M. Smith et al. vol. 1 and 2
Cerchi il programma? Potrebbe non essere ancora stato caricato o riferirsi ad insegnamenti che verranno erogati in futuro.
Seleziona l‘anno in cui ti sei immatricolato e troverai le informazioni relative all'insegnamento del tuo piano di studio.