via S.Rocco 257
Castelseprio VA, Italy
0331 820734 (home)
+39 3402606686 (mobile)
Languages: Italian (native language) and English (intermediate: B2)
• 25/04/2016-25/08/2016 Station Leader at CNR Italian station, Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, Norway
Logistic management and coordination of research groups at the Dirigibile Italia Arctic Station (National Research Council).
• 08/07/2015-17/07/2015 Field assistant at CNR Italian station, Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, Norway
Data acquisition for 3D-models reconstruction and installation of depth thermistors into a permafrost borehole.
• 17/06/2014-29/06/2014 Field assistant at CNR Italian station, Ny-Ålesund, Svalbard, Norway
CALM grid installation, soil sampling and analyses, vegetation sampling and analyses.
• 05/2013-10/2013 Master thesis fieldwork at University Centre in Svalbard, Norway
CO2 fluxes and permafrost active layer measurements, vegetation phenology/mapping, and soils analyses in a high arctic valley (Svalbard).
• 05/2013-05/2015 Student representative at University of Insubria (Varese and Como), Italy
Department of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
• 01/2013-10/2013 Graphic and scientific preparator at Museum of Natural Sciences in Malnate (Italy)
Preparation of billboards concerning the exceptional conservation of fossil deposits.
• 06/08/2013-18/08/2013 Assigned to fossils excavation at Museum of Natural History, Lugano (Switzerland)
Identification of fossil specimens in sedimentary rock layers.
• 5/11/2014-ongoing PhD student and representative in Chemical and Environmental Sciences
Univeristy of Insubria (Italy)
Project aims: Analysis of the impacts of geomorphological disturbance on alpine and polar vegetation.
• 7/10/2014 M.Sc Environmental Sciences with thesis at Univeristy of Insubria (Italy) and University Centre in Svalbard (Norway)
Correlation between active layer thickness, vegetation communities and phenology, soil characteristics and CO2 fluxes from terrestrial ecosystems at Adventdalen area to find out the possible impact on the climate change. Final vote 110/110 cum laude.
• 04/02/2014-10/03/2013 Glaciology M.sc course University centre in Svalbard, Norway
Course fields: mass balance, glacier dynamics, fieldwork, remote sensing, research frontiers. Written exam passed with grade B.
• 2009-2013 B.Sc Analysis and Management of natural resources with thesis at University of Insubria (Italy)
“Descrizione e determinazione di un rettile marino Pachypleurosauridae (Reptilia, Sauropterygia) del Triassico Medio del Varesotto” final vote 110/110.
• Guglielmin Mauro, Ponti Stefano, Vitale Vito, Nicoletta Cannone, 2016. The Eco-Grid of Ny-Alesund: a multidisciplinary approach to investigate the Climate Change effects in the Arctic. International Conference on Permafrost (ICOP) 2016, Potsdam (Germany), 20-24 June 2016.
• Stefano Ponti, Hanne H. Christiansen, Mauro Guglielmin, Nicoletta Cannone, 2014. CO2 fluxes among different vegetation types during the growing season in the High Arctic (Svalbard Islands). International Plant Science Conference (IPSC), 109° congress of Società Botanica Italiana. Poster and Abstract.
• Cannone N., Ponti S., Guglielmin M., Christensen T., Parmentier F. J., Pirk N., Christiansen H., 2016. Active layer thickness and vegetation phenology as key factors affecting the variability of CO2 fluxes in polar environments. International Conference on Permafrost (ICOP) 2016, Potsdam (Germany), 20-24 June 2016.
• Guglielmin Mauro, Ponti Stefano, Vitale Vito, Nicoletta Cannone, 2016. A multidisciplinary approach to investigate the Climate Change effects in Arctic permafrost areas. UArctic Congress 12-16 September 2016, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Teamwork Resourcefull Ability of adaptation to new environments
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, XLSTAT Pro, Internet, Quantum GIS, ArcGIS, Grass GIS, Agisoft Photoscan, STATISTICA. Basic knowledge of Python, R, ENVI.