Name and Surname: Sabrina Rovelli
Date of birth: 5th August 1985
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCES
November 2013 - Present
Ph.D. in Chemical and Environmental Sciences, Department of Science and High Technology, University of Insubria, Como, Italy.
November 2015 - June 2016
Visiting scholar at the Institute of Chemical Technologies and Analytics, Division of Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, in Vienna. Development and optimization of analytical procedures in LA-ICP-MS for the determination of the metal content in size-segregated fine and ultrafine particles
September 2012 - August 2013
Temporary Research Fellow, Department of Science and High Technology, University of Insubria, Como, Italy. Chemical determination of trace elements and heavy metals in airborne particulate samples, soil samples and wipes via ICP-MS, after microwave assisted closed-vessel treatment. Sampling and analysis of typical indoor and outdoor air pollutants through environmental monitoring
October 2009 - March 2012
2nd level degree – Master degree in Environmental Sciences, Department of Science and High Technology, University of Insubria, Como, Italy.
Dissertation/teshis title: Assessment of airborne particulate concentrations and gaseous pollutants levels in school environments
- Evaluation of children’ exposure and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) through environmental monitoring of particulate matter and gaseous pollutants in school environments
- Characterization of indoor concentration levels and comparison with the recommended international guidelines
- Evaluation of the intervention measures applied to mitigate the exposure to undesirable air pollutants
October 2004 - July 2009
1st level degree – Bachelor degree in Environmental Sciences, Department of Science and High Technology, University of Insubria, Como, Italy.
Dissertation/teshis title: Environmental contamination levels of inhalable and respirable dusts during demolition activities
- Assessment of atmospheric contamination levels of inhalable and respirable dusts derived from demolition of building structures in a hospital area
- Evaluation of the contributions of those activities to the urban background concentrations
September 1999 - July 2004
Italian high school degree, Liceo Scientifico Statale G. Galilei, via Volontari della Libertà 18/C, 22036 Erba, Como, Italy