Born in Como, Italy, on September, 30th 1959.
Resident in Como, Italy.
Known Languages: Italian, English (fluent); Spanish (fluent); French (fluent); German (good); Arabic (basic).
Training (High Schools and Academy):
* July 1978: Classic Gymnasium (State College A.Volta, Como).
* July 1983: Laurea Degree in Chemistry (University of Milan).
* November 1983: State Examination for Professional Habilitation.
* November 1985 - October 1988: Ministerial grant for a triennial project (Research Doctorate in Chemical Sciences, University of Milan].
* October 1989: Final examination for the Research Doctorate Title.
1985: Visiting Scientist position (14 months) at the IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, under supervision of the late Bill Parrish [development of instrumentation and methodologies for the measure and interpretation of X-ray powder diffraction patterns of inorganic samples with synchrotron radiation (SSRL, Stanford, CA)].
1985 -1988: Research Doctorate Thesis: structural studies of transition metal carbonyl clusters containing up to six interstitial atoms (C, Ge and Sn) in the same metallic cage.
Spring 1987: Stage at the Research Center KFA Juelich (Kernforschungsanlage), Germany, under the supervision of Prof. Georg Will, University of Bonn, and in cooperation with the Institute for Solid State Physics of KFA (neutron diffraction) [Modelling of inorganic structures from neutron and synchrotron radiation data].
November 1988: Visiting scientist (9 months) at the IBM Almaden Research Center, developing unconventional (non ambient) diffraction techniques for high-tech materials (organic polymers, HTC's and solid state proton conductors).
February 1990: Permanent Position (Researcher) at the faculty of Sciences of University of Milan, Dipartimento di Chimica Strutturale e Sterochimica Inorganica.
November 1998: Permanent Position (Associate Professor) at the Faculty of Sciences of University of Insubria - Como (Italy).
December 2004: Permanent Position (Full Professor) at the Faculty of Sciences of University of Insubria - Como (Italy).
Scientific appointments and awards:
* Member of the International Center for Diffraction Data
* Member of the Italian Crystallographic Association
* Member of the Italian Chemical Society
* Member of the Italian Chemical Engineering Association
* European Editor for the Powder Diffraction Journal
* Member of the Commission on Powder Diffraction of the IUCr
* Awardee of the Nasini Prize (1999) of the Italian Chemical Society